Real-Time Interaction Management
What is RTIM?
The ability to deliver contextually relevant marketing across different devices is called real-time interaction management.
Real-time interaction management has emerged as one of the top trends in modern marketing. Along with machine learning advancements, this trend makes it easier than ever to use customers’ data and make RTIM a reality.
In order to manage real-time interactions, you need a system that has five key areas.
- Recognition — You need to understand and mark consumer behaviours in order to spread them into segments.
- Context — You should always be aware or at least try to know in what context the user is browsing. This is important because it informs how you design your digital experience. Are they at home or are they on their mobile while commuting uncomfortably? Is it raining, snowing in their area? Etc.
- Offer — Personalizing the experience to encourage users to convert
- Orchestration — Does it make sense for you to return a user to the same context across devices if they visit your mobile website, but abandon their session – and then log in from laptop two days later?
- Optimization — RTIM helps you evaluate all customer interactions and predict what will happen as they move down the funnel.
Omnichannel personalization can generate a much more responsive experience tailored to meet individual needs as behavior, affinity and context changes. More money will be invested in real-time interaction management in the next few years, especially due to how personalized experiences are becoming an important priority for e-commerce, media, travel and other industries.